Refinancing is a term that is used that simply means swapping your existing home loan to another home loan. You would only consider this if it was advantageous to your current situation. There are many variables that need to be considered. Some things that need to be considered if refinancing your mortgage would be the interest rate, the term of the loan, and the reason for refinancing.
People do look at refinancing for quite a few different reasons. One may be to save money by lowering their interest rates, sometimes to access equity for home improvements, sometimes to consolidate debt, sometimes investment, and sometimes to simply help speed up your personal goals.
As always, there can also be some down sides to refinancing, such as costs involved with switching and having the time to deal with the paperwork. However, refinancing also has plenty of benefits.
Reasons that People Choose to Refinance
- Release equity for home improvements, investing, or personal goals
- Lower interest rates that may save you money
- Specific product features that you don’t have on your existing product eg) offsets
- Cost reduction – cheaper fees
- Looking for better service